I’m hosting a Historical (Flash) Fiction contest through my publisher, Folded Word Press.
DEADLINE: 15 MAY 2015
- Choose a well-known historical event as your subject.
- In 500 words or less, write a flash fiction* story about that event, but done in such a way that the reader must discover which event you’ve chosen (rather than being told).
- Do not refer to a known historical character by first or last name.
- Do not refer to the setting by proper name (region is okay).
- Do not mention the year or time period, such as “1776”, “the 1700s,” or “the 18th century.” Instead, give clues to the time period via other information.
See link below for further details: